Thursday, December 15, 2005

hardware.

i am now the proud owner of a Seagate 160GB SATA 7200RPM harddrive with an 8MB cache. and my second install of WindowsXP in 4 months. why, do you ask? because on monday, i was playing dungeon siege, and as i closed the game and heard my old harddrive swap out the memory, i heard a clank.

harddrives making clanking noises are Bad Things.

tuesday, i heard some more clanks, and then windows froze.

wednesday, i went out and bought a new harddrive and a sata controller.

well, this machine is just shy of 4 years old, so i guess it's about time for things to start dying. sigh.

in anticipation of a newish machine, it has a new name now. Medea to Iseult to Phaidra and now Aeth. i know, i know, i broke the pattern. Aeth happens to be the name of my protagonist for my nanowrimo project. but hey, it's my machine.

No comments: