Friday, June 22, 2007

surrender.

so. i have acquired a mac.

a white macbook, in fact. core 2 duo, 2.16 ghz, 1gb ram, 120gb hdd.

i've been doing some coding in my spare time, while he's at class or at work, and i'm finding it difficult to concentrate in the very hot, computer-filled office. having a laptop i can use to earn a little money (always one of my favourite choices in Darklands) actually became something of a necessity. and since i can run windows on the macbook, it became the obvious choice

parallels is kind of crashy, though. i might have to just go with boot camp, in the end.

we bought it on the same deal we bought his two years ago... student discount, free ipod. now i have a blue 4gb ipod nano. it feels much less sturdy than my old ipod mini. i'm half convinced it'll snap in half if i put it in my jeans pocket.

i'm still getting used to the whole mac way of doing things, but at least my mouse works.

also, happy summer. the solstice was at 2:06 pm EDT yesterday. and today was just absolutely gorgeous weather.

1 comment:

the Dreadful Flying Glove said...

now everyone is cooler than me.

sniffle.