Sunday, September 30, 2007

more adventures in the kitchen.

so i decided to make chicken fried rice for dinner tonight because he was having a bad day (allerigies + calculus test). and i end up taking a detour and cleaning out my produce drawer where i discovered some truly revolting green beans that i had forgotten about a couple weeks ago. i also discovered some red peppers my mom had given me which were still in edible condition.

now, the thing you have to understand here is that my parents are sort of ex-hippies, and my dad has turned a large portion of their backyard into an organic garden. he also likes to experiment with this garden, and in the past couple years has started growing several different kinds of peppers.

i had no idea if these peppers were hot or sweet.

so i washed one anyway and started cutting it up. as i'm scraping the seeds out, i think to myself, "oh, my hands aren't burning. this is probably a sweet pepper."

yes, one year, he grew peppers so hot, they had to be picked while wearing rubber gloves.

this is only one of the many, many reasons my kitchen is not entirely safe.

i haven't cut myself in a while, however.

2 comments:

Jon-o said...

And I guess no one's thrown a knife at your head recently... :)

wizgeneric said...

this is true. i can, in fact, say that you are the only person who has had that honour ;)