Wednesday, March 9, 2005

well, duh.

so, despite the fact that this winter has been cold and snowy and icy, it hasn't been anything near what a winter at the University of Hoth inflicted on me in the past. which has made me very puzzled as to why i appeared to be suffering the cold with quite a bit less stoicism this year. was it just that i was unused to the arctic chill knifing its way through my bones? i asked myself.

and then, last night, it hit me. i don't have a hood anymore. oh duh :P

when we packed up our stuff prior to getting married, naturally some of mine ended up at my in-laws' place. and my brother-in-law, finding my heavy winter coat, appropriated it without asking about its origins, because that's what their family is like (drives me nuts sometimes :) he subsequently decided that he didn't like the hood, which was removable. so he removed it and promptly lost it. and now i have nothing to protect my ears or my head anymore.

apparently, one should never underestimate the amount of heat one loses through one's head after all o.O

i need to buy a hat.

No comments: