Wednesday, December 1, 2004

more strange effects of technology.

i've started getting these phishing spam emails. so far they've been "Account Violate the User Agreement" (sic) and "Account Violate the User Agreement Second Notice" (sic). the body of the text is very threatening. it says if i don't update my user information, my account will be suspended and then terminated. and, while my account is under suspension, i'm not allowed to sign up with a new account.

now, you can just look a the subject line and go "pfft. spam." but i can see how people would read the body of the email, and go "ack!" and, of course, i'm paranoid, and i'm like, "did they somehow find something about me?" because like practically everyone else on the planet, i have, in the past, used ebay.

then, of course, i kick myself in the back of the head and say, "why do you care? you don't have an ebay account!" that's what very trusting friends are for ;)

No comments: