Wednesday, December 8, 2004

this is why i like cats.

i went to get my hair cut last night, and the owner of the salon has a dog. i think it's some kind of bulldog. anyway, it's one of those dogs whose face is so squished in it can't breathe properly. but he's very friendly. the owner has let him run around the salon since he was a puppy, so he's all used to seeing lots of people.

so he comes up to me, and i'm like, "aw, it's the dog." and i'm not sure what to do with it, so i try to pet it between the ears. and he must like that, because the next thing i know, my jeans are being drooled on. and it's not just dog slime, it's mixed with bits of food or something. *ahem* EW. they were very nice about it, and they gave me a towel to wipe my jeans off, but...ew. and it's on my jacket too.

i don't think my cat has ever slobbered on me. i've never had to stuff my clothes in the wash after i've met a cat, even for the first time (this wasn't the first time i'd met the dog, but when you only see an animal every 3 or 4 months, you don't really expect them to remember you). oh well. at least he didn't pee on me.

1 comment:

g said...

the first time i met mikey he peed on me. i should have taken that as a sign.